Saturday 20 June 2015

I've never taken illegal drugs and I never will despite missed tests, insists Mo Farah

Speaking out: Farah, 32, said: ‘I’ve never taken performance-enhancing drugs in my life and I never will'

Double Olympic champion Mo Farah broke his silence yesterday to deny he has ever taken performance-enhancing drugs.
Faced with mounting pressure after the Daily Mail revealed he missed two drug tests before the 2012 London Olympics, the 32-year-old said: ‘I’ve never taken performance-enhancing drugs in my life and I never will.’

Farah missed the tests in the months before he won the gold in the 5,000m and 10,000m – claiming to testers on the second occasion that he had not heard them ringing the doorbell for an hour at his home in Teddington, south-west London.
Double Olympic champion Mo Farah (pictured with US scandal hit training partner Galen Rupp, left, and coach Alberto Salazar, centre) broke his silence yesterday to deny he has ever taken performance-enhancing drugs
Double Olympic champion Mo Farah (pictured with US scandal hit training partner Galen Rupp, left, and coach Alberto Salazar, centre) broke his silence yesterday to deny he has ever taken performance-enhancing drugs
The Mail’s revelation followed a BBC investigation alleging Farah’s coach Alberto Salazar had practised doping techniques with US athlete Galen Rupp, the Briton’s training partner.
Yesterday Farah, who is estimated to earn £2million a year, said: ‘Over the course of my career I have taken hundreds of drugs tests and every single one has been negative.
‘I’ve fully explained the only two tests in my career that I have ever missed, which the authorities understood, and there was never any suggestion that these were anything more than simple mistakes.



No comments:

Post a Comment